All applicants must be IRS recognized 501(c)(3) public charities classified as not a private foundation, registered with the Department of Agriculture to solicit funds in Florida, when applicable, and located in and/or of significant benefit to residents to the Southeast Florida counties of Miami-Dade, Broward, or Monroe.
The priorities of Peacock Foundation, Inc. include:
- Making grants to human services providers that promote youth development, assist abused or neglected children, women, and the elderly, and seek to reduce abuse, prevent homelessness, and end hunger in our community;
- Supporting educational programs in the arts and the environment, as well as special education for disabled persons;
- Contributing to medical research, health care organizations, and hospitals.
Although multi-year grants are made in special cases, Peacock Foundation, Inc.'s support should not be viewed as a continuing source of funds. We receive many more requests than we have funds to distribute in any one fiscal year.
Peacock Foundation, Inc. does not fund:
- capital campaigns, construction, or renovation projects
- deficit financing or debt reduction
- conferences or festivals
- fundraising events or advertising
- special events or athletic events
- lobbying to influence legislation
- religious organizations, unless engaged in a significant project benefiting the entire community.
The most recent IRS Form 990-PF of Peacock Foundation, Inc. is available at guidestar.org.